Poster Challenge 2019-2020
The Poster Challenge invites grade 5 students to create posters that tell us what they value about the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. At a courthouse near you, staff will choose their favourite posters to send to the OJEN head office, where we will select one that will hang in each regional courthouse for the coming year.
When you register your class for the Poster Challenge, you will receive a downloadable lesson plan. This resource will help you introduce or revisit the Charter in your classroom. The Poster Challenge meets Grade 5 Ontario curriculum expectations in Social Studies in a fun and effective way.
- Register your class by filling out the online registration form by November 22, 2019.
- Download the parental consent form from the Poster Challenge program page.
- Distribute the parental consent forms to your students to have filled out by their parent(s) or guardian(s). You may choose to teach the optional lesson plan which is included with the parental consent form you downloaded.
- OJEN will confirm the poster drop-off location nearest to your community.
- Encourage your students to make colourful, unique artwork. Be sure to make sure the posters meet all requirements, in order for them to be considered.
- Send student posters with attached parental consent forms to the pre-arranged drop-off location by December 6, 2019.
- Poster selections will be made and teachers will be notified.