NORTHWESTERN ONTARIO LAW INSTITUTE (NWOLI) – Registration is Open!
Date: Friday, October 13th, 2017
Time: 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Location: Bora Laskin Faculty of Law – John N. Paterson Auditorium
Please join us for our Northwestern Ontario Law Institute!
OJEN’s NWOLI gives secondary-school teachers from across Northwestern Ontario the opportunity to participate in presentations and discussions with judges and lawyers about timely legal issues that enhance classroom teaching and learning!
This year the proposed topics include discussions on:
- Landlord and Tenants: the nuts and bolts & simulation of a Landlord and Tenant Board Hearing;
- an introduction to the Indigenous Court;
- Justice sector career pathways;
- Selected topics in human rights; and
- Human trafficking in Canada and Northern Ontario
The event will include catered breakfast and lunch and will take place in one of Thunder Bay’s beautiful historical buildings, the Port Arthur Collegiate Institute.
Registration Fee: $35