Teachers, register your students now!
- Register your class by filling out the online registration form by November 30, 2017.
- You will receive an email confirming your registration.
- Download the parental consent form from the Poster Challenge program page.
- Distribute the parental consent forms to your students to have filled out by their parent(s) or guardian(s). You may choose to teach the optional lesson plan which is included with the parental consent form you downloaded.
- Within 3 weeks of receiving your registration, OJEN will confirm the poster drop-off location nearest to your community.
- Encourage your students to make colourful, unique artwork. Be sure to make sure the posters meet all requirements, in order for them to be considered.
- Send student posters with attached parental consent forms to the pre-arranged drop-off location by December 8, 2017.
- Poster selections will be made and teachers will be notified.
OJEN’s Grade 5 Poster Challenge is a fun and educational opportunity for Grade 5 students to learn and demonstrate an understanding of the rights of Canadians! Students get to create posters that express what they value about Canadian democracy and the Charter. Courthouse staff and justice sector professionals will vote on 8 finalist posters from across the province. Selected posters will be professionally framed and hung in a local courthouse!
This is a great way for you to teach your students about the Charter and to meet the Grade 5 curriculum expectations – Canada and World Connections – Aspects of Government in Canada. We welcome both English and French captioned posters.
OJEN’s Art in the Courts Program
Regional selected posters will be included in OJEN’s Art and the Courts program – an initiative designed to highlight positive community involvement with our courts. Each year students’ posters are selected and sent to courthouses across the province to make them a more welcoming and friendly place for children and families. As part of this program, selected students have an opportunity to participate in local unveilings and courthouse tours with members of the local bar and judiciary.
Contact OJEN for more information at email@example.com