This program allows teachers to 'shadow' a judge for a day. Teachers will be able to link with a judge, observe his or her courtroom in action, and have follow-up discussions. This opportunity is available in some courthouses in Ontario.
To learn more about the judge shadowing experience, click on the link below to read the article 'Teachers Take Up Judge Shadowing Opportunities.'
If you are currently teaching and would like to participate in this program, please contact us at email@example.com.
- A Brief History of the Justice of the Peace Bench
- An American Visitor to A Canadian Court
- Courtrooms & Classrooms Manual
- Law and the Ontario Curriculum: Elementary Version (Kindergarten to Grade 8)
- Law and the Ontario Curriculum: Secondary Version (Grades 9 to 12)
- Law, Lawyers and Judges in Literature - The Honourable Mr. Justice James M. Farley
- So You Want To Be a Judge?
- The Legal Profession and Public Service - The Honourable Roy McMurtry
- The Life of Chief Justice Dickson - The Honourable Robert J. Sharpe
- Working with Students: A Speaker’s Guide for Judges, Crowns, Lawyers, and Other Members of the Justice Sector