Poster Challenge 2019-2020
The Poster Challenge invites grade 5 students to create posters that tell us what they value about the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. At a courthouse near you, staff will choose their favourite posters to send to the OJEN head office, where we will select one that will hang in each regional courthouse for the coming year.
When you register your class for the Poster Challenge, you will receive a downloadable lesson plan. This resource will help you introduce or revisit the Charter in your classroom. The Poster Challenge meets Grade 5 Ontario curriculum expectations in Social Studies in a fun and effective way.
How to Participate
Registration for the 2019 Poster Challenge is now open!
- The contest is open to all English and French Grade 5 classes in Ontario
- The deadline for teachers to register classes is November 22nd, 2019 and the deadline for poster submission is December 6th, 2019
- Registered teachers will receive information from OJEN about where to send or drop off class posters in their community
- After you register for the Poster Challenge, don’t forget to download the Parental Consent Form and optional lesson plans below.
- Download the parental consent form from the Poster Challenge program page.
- Distribute the parental consent forms to your students to have filled out by their parent(s) or guardian(s). You may choose to teach the optional lesson plan.
- OJEN will confirm the poster drop-off location nearest to your community.
- Encourage your students to make colourful, unique artwork.
- Send student posters with attached parental consent forms to the pre-arranged drop-off location by December 6, 2019.
- Poster selections will be made and teachers will be notified.
- All posters must be 11×17 in size.
- Use regular paper, poster paper or bristol board.
- Posters can be in English, French, or both.
- Attach the parental consent form to the back of each student’s poster with glue or tape (no staples please).
- Only posters meeting all requirements, including the completed parental consent form, will be considered.
- Ensure all the submissions from your students will be mailed or dropped of at the specified court house location.