Strategic Plan: 2023-2026
In its last meeting of 2022, OJEN’s Board of Directors unanimously approved a new strategic plan that will guide the organization through to its 25th anniversary in 2027. After an intensive year-long process involving board and staff in consultation with diverse stakeholders, the new strategic plan establishes five key priorities for the next four years:
1. Engage youth directly to increase the diversity of youth served;
2. Listen, learn and seek guidance on implementing relevant Calls to Action of the Truth and Reconciliation Committee and incorporating First Nations, Inuit and Métis teachings in our work;
3. Implement a comprehensive strategy to recruit, train and retain volunteers;
4. Expand relationships with trusted intermediaries in schools and other communities;
5. Invest in cultivating greater sustainability.