OJEN’s Justice Education Fellowships expand the reach of our mandate and mission and public legal education (PLEI) programs, allowing us to offer in-depth PLEI training to a select group of paralegal students and law students. This will include focused skill development in communications, community outreach, public speaking, and plain language work. Fellows then go on to deliver programs to high-school students across the province.
Fellowship Period: May 1, 2023 – May 6, 2024
- Applicants must be registered students at an Ontario college in a paralegal certificate program or an Ontario law school in the 2023–2024 academic year.
- All applicants are required to attend an in-person training session in Toronto over two days in the summer. Dates will be shared with applicants during the interview process. (Travel and accommodations will be covered.)
- One (1) Fellowship will be offered to one student from each eligible Ontario law school.
- Two (2) Fellowships will be offered to two students at Ontario colleges with an accredited paralegal certificate program.
Eligible schools are:
- An Ontario college with an accredited paralegal certificate program (2 positions)
- Queen’s University Faculty of Law
- University of Ottawa Faculty of Law
- Bora Laskin Faculty of Law, Lakehead University
- University of Toronto Faculty of Law
- Osgoode Hall Law School
- University of Western Ontario Faculty of Law
- The Lincoln Alexander School of Law at Toronto Metropolitan University
- University of Windsor Faculty of Law
Compensation: $1,000 honorarium
Application Deadline: Friday, March 10, 2023, by 5:00 p.m.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, addressed to the attention of Hanna Holmes, with the subject line “Justice Education Fellow: [school name]”. A small number of candidates will be selected for an interview. Interviews will take place by phone or Zoom, between March 13 – March 24, 2023.Full posting